Lunes, Oktubre 14, 2013

Touch Down Hong Kong

Touch down Hong Kong! I love it here. It's beautiful. There are a lot of mountains and yeah, my sisters know how I'm obsessed with mountains lol. It was so sweet of President and Sister Hawks to pick us up at the airport last Wednesday. We saw the Temple! It was really neat! It was right in front of the mission office (just like in Cebu). More Filipinas (there were five of us) sent in China Hong Kong Mission yay! And there were also 11 elders who are Cantonese speaking from Provo. All the other missionaries I've met here are also sooooo nice! Everytime they speak Cantonese/Mandarin, my jaw drops in awe like wow! Gift of tongues aye! :)

Guess where my first area is? Hahahaha. :))
I'm here in MACAU!!!!!! It's the first time they sent a filipina companionship here so there's a lot of hard work and a lot of FAITH needed because we're kind of opening an area. It's a blessing and an opportunity to serve here. Macau's a beautiful place. Life is slower here and we're not likely to get hit by any vehicle here. ;)

My trainer is Sister Mabunga. She's from Montalban, Rizal. I love her! She's awesome! She's really good, kind, and funny. She helps me a lot especially in teaching and yes, she feeds me mehehe. :) I'm just grateful because the Lord knows what I need most. :) He also knows that Macau is the best place to serve right now even though we're far, far away from all the other missionaries.. The weather's hot like in the Philippines. We live in an apartment with 2 other companionship who speaks Cantonese and English. Those girls are sweet, cute, and amazing! My companion and I do a lot of walking and finding. (Now, I know why missionaries are always hungry! So please feed them! They'll be so happy! lol) There are a lot of people around and Filipinos too. We smile and talk to them and sometimes it's frustrating when you know in your heart, you have this good message to share and why don't you people just listen to us?! This is for your own good! Heeee. They say Macau is a land of miracles. They are a lot of prepared people here and we're finding them. It's hard. Faith is really exercised because faith precedes miracles. Exact obedience and hard work also brings forth miracles! But I'm learning a lot, I learned to be humble the most. :') I'm grateful for everyone I've met here. The members are all so nice and helpful too. We have some investigators and most of them are really from members so when members and missionaries really unite, that's just fantastic! You don't know what you guys can do! So please take time to share the gospel and give referrals to the missionaries. Souls need to be saved especially now that He is hastening His work. We're sent here to fight for the salvation of these souls! We pledge not only our time here, but also our live to this cause! 

I'm grateful that China is starting to learn English in their curriculum now. That will be of good help for building God's kingdom here. 

By the way, I love the General Conference! It was the most inspiring! I'm sure you guys did too! (for those who havent watched it yet, go to www.lds.org

I know that this restored gospel is true! I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. I know that we have  a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson who guides us in these latter days. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ loves us and they live. 

God loves you and that never changes! Don't forget to look up! I'll write better next time!

Love,
Sister Posadas

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento