Linggo, Enero 5, 2014

He Has Us in the Palms of His hands

Dearest Family,

WHAT A WEEK!!!! What a wonderful way to end the year!
At the start of the year, I honestly thought that I'd end up getting married this year (yikes! hahaha) but God had really better plans for me and I've seen so many miracles here and it was pretty much a busy week here!
1. Last Pday was sooo fun! We went out to go biking with some of the members here. It was fun to get to know them more and to unwind with the nature. I'm such a big loser okay because I don't know how to ride a bicycle at all. I'm glad Sister Balubal, my cheerful MTC batchmate, doesn't know how to also haha and we shared the same bike with so many wheels and I think I have a future in being a pedicab driver woohoo!! The view there was breathtaking- the sea, the sky, and the mountains!!! It was a perfect manifestation of how great our God is for all His creations :) photos attached! Enjoy!

2. Dear Family, thank you so much! I'm so happy to be able to talk to you even if it made me feel homesick a bit! You made me cry! Hahaha. I wont forget Ayan and I's conversation:
Me: Ayan, magmission ka na! BILIS!!!
Ayan: Bakit???
Me: Kasi masaya!!!
Ayan: Kung masaya, eh bakit ka umiiyak??
Me: *laughs! speechless!*
Okay, I forgot those were tears of joy! Guess what, one of the perks of being a missionary is they'd ask you to sing. So my family knows how I always wanted to sing but people just won't let me hahaha and my family knows how terrible I am but here, they do ask me to sing! Unbelievable! It's definitely not because of my voice, maybe the spirit? heehee. Singing a solo or a duet with my comp in a huge crowd! It's soooo funny! I think my companion thinks I'm crazy. Anne Curtis lang ang confidence eh hahaha but it was fun! Watch out family, I'll sing everyday when I get home. I know you miss me! :p

3. Thank you so much for all the birthday greetings! I'm a year older and WISER. :) I bet my parents can fully trust me now because they've made me feel like I'm a baby all these years hahaha! The members are too sweet to sing me a birthday song and prepare food for us. The best gift I could ever have is to give off myself to others and this year's Christmas and birthday celebration, were very simple and uplifting. Mom, Sister Yolly Ramirez likes telling everyone of your story that you were a missionary way back in 1986 and now it's good to see me as yopur descendant, another missionary here. Small world! See how amazing the Gospel works!

4. Christmas Carol - Our investigator Carol's finally baptized on Christmas Day! We had two baptisms this week. Jaycel was also baptized yesterday. It was just amazing to see them enter the waters of baptism and finally receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and be officially members of the Church! They have really felt the influence of the Spirit and the love of God in their lives. Seeing them being baptized, sharing their strong testimonies about the truthfulness of the Church, and seeing them burst into tears because they're really happy is such a blessing. They really have such sweet spirits and are committed to live His gospel all throughout their lives. I am grateful to see Maria and Susan, our recent converts, progress every week as they continue to attend Church and also have this strong desire to share the gospel to their families. The women we are teaching and working with here in Hong Kong are not just "helpers", they are mothers and future mothers, who have such divine and noble calling, they will be an influence for good in the world as they nurture children and others with the love of our Savior and His teachings. They will shape future generations. They have been examples to me and I love them! Grateful because I also get to have a huge dose of hugs and kisses from these loving sisters each week! Sweeeeet!We are also working on their families in the Philippines as we send their addresses to the missions in the Philippines and if you have contact to the missions, please remind them to send missionaries to their places immediately! This is very URGENT! Souls are waiting there! :)  The sisters here are also very supportive with missionary work as they welcome new people to church and yes, please take care of everyone. EVERYONE around you. Everyone needs to feel loved and special. ;)

5. I saw the Temple last night. First time to see it at night. It's so beautiful! Sister Mabunga, our investigator and I went to meet President Hawks!!! He's devastated to know that he forgot to greet me on my birthday but all is well now. I'm grateful for my companion and I commend her for her patience with me. Hahaha! We love each other and yes, she's Sister Trainer Leader now. More responsibilities, haha she'll do great for sure and I hope I can be a good helpmeet for her. :)
God has wrought all of these miracles because He loves us so much. He has us in the palms of His hands. Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Redeemer. There's this beautiful song that was sung here that I forgot the title and the last line goes like.. "Make me worthy of Thy love, And to fit me for the life above". Our Savior has made everything possible for us because of His Atonement. I will forever testify of His love and that His gospel is true! It will truly bless us and it will lead us to eternal life.

May each of you feel the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ each day. Merry Christmas and have a very happy, blessed, and fruitful 2014!!! I love you all!

SHOUTOUTS:
Belated happy birthday Aaron, Auntie Guy and others hahaha!
Congratulations to Engr. Jahonri Tating!
..to Jenna girl, if you happen to read this, well hi! Thanks for all your service! Your stalking skills are so good! Reminds me of my old good days with the internet. :D
*I hope you enjoy the photos. I'm fat alright oh well, I need some fat to keep me warm this winter season :))))

Love and prayers,
Sister Posadas

















Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento