Linggo, Marso 16, 2014

Defining Moments

Sa Aking Mga Minamahal,
Kamusta kayong lahat? Before anything else, I'd like to share some fun facts for this week:
1. We got locked inside the lift. It was really weird because none of the buttons could be clicked and my comp and I were stuck for five minutes there but instead of panicking and worrying, we were laughing (I was even in tears haha!) because it was just the funniest thing, being locked in an elevator at the church for a while. What an experience.
2. We had our language pass offs and the next day, I literally had a nosebleed. No worries, I'm perfectly fine.
3. Elder Holland tapped my arm yesterday! We followed the members of our branch on the ground floor because they said we must fall in line and to our surprise, they were all there. So I'm thinking of putting my coat in the laundry or not. Oh, he touched me. :)
February's almost over and there are hard days here in the mission. It can really be frustrating like when our investigators' baptismal dates are pushed back due to some circumstances that we can't control. My companion said that the past two weeks, those were the lowest numbers in her entire mission but we never lose our faith and we still continue to do our duty and give our best. I know God wants us to learn something this time and even during these hard times, I've witnessed God's helping hands in this work. His miracles are there. His promises are sure. It never fails to amaze me every single day.
We had a devotional with Elder Holland and Elder Hallstrom yesterday. They were here to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the Church in Hong Kong. Nauna pa pala dito kaysa sa pinas!
It is such a wonderful blessing and privilege to be at the feet of a living apostle of the Lord and I'm grateful for these kind of privileges I had when I was younger upto now. Elder Holland's message was very powerful and I'm going to share what I've learned. He gave 3 ways on how we can give meaning to our present days:
1. We are pioneers. Why? Because we are first dispensation that can cease, and flee from Babylon. We are the first dispensation who must turn and confront it. (which is much harder than running away from it) This is the time that we're not going to run anymore. (unlike the prophets of old, the pioneers looking for Zion) We are to turn, confront, and conquer Babylon. We are going to battle and our weapons are of peace, love, compassion, and truth. The only way Babylon can be conquered is to stand firmly for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our homes, mainly in our homes (he repeated that twice), at work, or at play every day, every way wherever we are at every stand.
2. Because this isn't the last dispensation, it is the GREATEST of all dispensations! It's more than restoration, is is that, so much more, this dispensation has restored every element of every dispensation that ever lived. Welcome to the greatest, fullness, of dispensation of times! No one had that responsibility of knowing the truth
3. This dispensation has an assignment that no other dispensation has ever had. Elder Holland said that somewhere in this lifetime, or in our children or grandchildren's lifetime, Christ will come and will ask the keys of His church. I am so grateful to be members of the only true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who holds the keys and the fullness of His gospel. It is the same church that existed during the time of Adam and all the prophets that followed. There will be no more apostasy and the church will continue to grow til Christ comes. And what we need to do is TO LOOK AND ACT LIKE A DISCIPLE OF CHRIST, that when He comes and when He sees us, He would recognize us. One of the most frightening verses in the scriptures is in 3 Nephi 14:28 when He said.. "I never knew you".
Elder Holland said that there are so many who look and act like Christians, who have churches and stained glass windows but just like what Jesus Christ told Joseph Smith, "their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof." I really felt the urgency to share this message especially to those who aren't members of the church. To my family and friends back home, I love you and I care for you. I ask you to see the missionaries. Please. I promise you that you'll never regret it and I know that this is God's plan for you. It won't be easy. I know that this message I share as a missionary will help you. This gospel is beautiful, powerful, and important. My mission has been a defining moment for me. It has changed the way I think, and how I used to do things and there's nothing more that I want to do in this world but to follow Jesus Christ. I love the Savior, Jesus Christ.
Until we meet again,
Sister Posadas

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento