Lunes, Enero 12, 2015

Small and Simple Things

Dearest Family,

How's everyone doing? I plan not to email you anymore because we'll be seeing each other soon. Just kidding. I just want to share some of my companion and I's experiences this week:

This week we had an unforgettable experience. We tried a new finding tool because we were really full of faith and hope to be able to find new investigators especially families so we decided to knock on doors in the building where we live. We've seen some Filipinos on the lift going to different floors so we tried to visit those floors. We went to the eleventh floor and it led us to a door which led to more doors. We didn't know which door to knock so we prayed and asked for the guidance of the Spirit to show us the way. I said the prayer, really trusting the Spirit to lead us, and after the prayer I felt a strange feeling. Sister Aro then told me that we should leave the place. It was amazing because we both got the same strong feeling, it was a clear, warning voice and we followed that prompting immediately. We didn't know why we were asked to leave but we did. We tried to knock on a door on the 5th floor and found no success. We guess that there weren't home and we better try it next time so we decided to go out on the park and God did hear our prayers and the desire of our hearts, we were able to meet a family on the street. Unfortunately, it was their last night in Hong Kong because they'll be leaving the next day for the Philippines (Guess what, they're from Cebu!). They didn't know anything about the church but we were able to introduce and invite them to learn and our purpose in finding that night was still successful. We know that we've planted seeds of faith in them for future harvests! 
Our new investigators from last week are progressing! We're so happy and we're happy seeing the less-actives growing each week as they come back to the fold! It's amazing! We also got to teach a little boy this week and it was fun. I kind of have that 'accent' when teaching children and it's hilarious haha! 

New year is here and I bet you all have new goals! Well, that is good as we continue to focus on those small and simple things (they really matter) are great things brought to pass. (Alma 37:6) 
I have worthy goals this year and it requires heaps of faith too but I am confident that He will help me as I put my full trust in Him and I'm grateful for the gift of faith that I've gained since I become a full-time missionary. Faith is a gift of God that comes from personal righteousness and obedience to His commandments! 

This is President Hinckley's challenge that struck me this week:
This is the great day of decision for each of us. For many it is the time of beginning something that will go on for as long as you live. I plead with you: don’t be a scrub! Rise to the high ground of spiritual, mental, and physical excellence. You can do it. You may not be a genius. You may be lacking in some skills. But so many of us can do better than we are now doing. We are members of this great Church whose influence is now felt over the world. We are people with a present and with a future. Don’t muff your opportunities. Be excellent. 
I got it from President Hawks talk that I really love: http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1305
It's definitely something we should read, study, and apply! :)
You can be excellent. You can do hard things as we continue to work harder and give our all, give our very, very best. Not 99.9% but 100% and live up to our full potentials as sons and daughters of a King. I know that He loves you and He has great things in store for you. 
Let us come unto Christ and be perfected in Him.

Love,
Sister Posadas

P.S.
Photos from last Pday: strolling around Central- that's where we're at almost everyday! Best finding place for Filipinos! 











Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento