Linggo, Pebrero 1, 2015

My Year Ender

Dearest Family,

Everyday in December was just tremendously miraculous! I couldn't help but feel grateful for God's help in this work but of course, everyday should be as miraculous and especially for the coming new year. We now know better how to work harder to have this new normal and improve it even more in 2015. 2014 was really a terrific year, it was really a life-changing one.

My companion and I really enjoyed the Nativity Pullback Finding as the Nativity Scene in the Wan Chai Church really attracts people especially little children and as we stood at the entrance playing the He is the Gift video, we did our best to try to contact everyone who passes by the street. Regardless of whatever race they may be, we were ready with our fliers in Chinese and English. We were just so excited about this new finding strategy for Christmas! There were a lot of rejections but we were never weary, we just wanted them to hear about the glad tidings that we bring that we have our Savior Jesus Christ and it is because of our love for God and for our fellowmen that just keeps us going! Sister Aro and I both knew little Cantonese enough to introduce ourselves as missionaries and it was just awesome that some people did accept our fliers and would take photos of the Nativity scene. Somehow, we know that a good seed had been planted within them. We were able to help Filipinos who were lost along the way and get numbers so that we could set an appointment with and have them come to church next time. We also saw how all the other missionaries were enthusiastic about the Nativity Finding! It was really cool!

This week, Sister Aro and I were able to hand out 16 copies of The Book of Mormon and we were able to teach a lot of Lesson 1 or the Restoration message with our new investigators, most of them were member referrals. We were able to find people who were no longer active in the church on the streets too and also former investigators. We also had three pullbacks this week and it was amazing because we never had any pullbacks last month. We've proven that the cool weather is definitely not a hindrance for Filipinos to come to church. They aren't hiding. As we exercised our faith and be diligent in the work, we were led to those who are willing to hearken to the message and not harden their hearts. We were able to teach an Indonesian Muslim and as we read with her Alma 7:10-13 to help her know more about Jesus Christ, she liked those verses and it made her say that Jesus is a good man. 

We just loved how our teachings were centered on Jesus Christ and I do feel that the Spirit was strongly testifying on us as we teach. I'm grateful because Sister Aro and I were so blessed to be guided by the Spirit as we continue to prayerfully seek and ask to have the gift of discernment. As we get to know our investigators better, they really had that light in them as they share their feelings towards their Savior. They are very thankful for Him. We were able to help meet their needs because of the Spirit's help. Most of our new investigators are new here in Hong Kong. They are still very homesick and are having a hard time adjusting. We thought that it was just the perfect time for them and that God truly answered their prayers and ours as we were led to find each other and as representatives of Jesus Christ, we really wanted to help those who are sick, distressed, and lonely because that's just what Jesus did when He ministered here on earth. As I continue to ponder the experiences I had in this mission and change myself to be more like my Savior, my thought, actions, and words slowly changes and I constantly ask myself lately, "If Christ had my opportunity, what would He do? What would He want me to do?"

It was really good to see the members bring their family and friends to church this Christmas season and it was truly a wonderful experience for the sisters who are far from their families to celebrate their Christmas in the church and feel the warmth and love there. 

Thank you for the birthday greetings. My birthdays in the mission are really the simplest. I didn't have the feeling of wanting to have a cake but I'm grateful for all of God's blessings and those who were baptized this month. I feel better than giving than receiving on my birthday and the best gift I could give is myself as I lose myself in the service of God and of my fellowmen. I'm happy to give my heart to Him, holding back nothing. 

It was really a Merry Christmas indeed! I hope you all had a very meaningful one too this year. Know that you are always in my prayers.

I just want to share these verses in Mosiah 27: 36-37:
And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowledge of their Redeemer. 
And how blessed are they! For they did publish peace ; they did publish good tidings of good; and they did declare unto the people that the Lord reigneth. 

I'm so happy being a missionary! Happy New Year!
See you all next year! (The weirdest feeling ever?) 

Love,
Sister Posadas


Enjoy the random photos:
-Last Pday, we went to visit a member and her place was far from the city. It was really good to be there and she made pizzas for us and Filipino food! Yum!
-Sister Aro and I enjoy each other's company so much! The sisters are really sweet and thoughtful for all the Christmas treats, it was really funny how a sister gave us those dolls for us to play! (We know we look like kids though)
-Peninsula 2nd branch Christmas party
-My birthday selfie in blue. HAHA

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento