Linggo, Abril 27, 2014

I Know that He lives!

Dear Family and Friends,

It's Easter and we've been singing Easter hymns whole week long. Everyone's reminded about the One who gave it all for us. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that He is risen and that He lives!
It's been a long stretch of a week. Sister Capucion and Sister Lopez went home last Saturday and it was very emotional as Sister Balubal and I had to see them leave us. We are all going to miss them and we are grateful for the service that they've done. They've been great examples to us.

So I got my new companion! She's Sister Balubal from Cagayan Valley. She's my batchmate in the MTC. We've lived together for more than five months now and now we got the entire flat all to ourselves. She's a wonderful companion as she is very cheerful, humble, and teachable. It's amazing how we've been working miracles for the past few days. It's amazing how God has helped us do it all because we really can't do it without His help. I'm grateful God has entrusted us with such responsibility by taking care of three branches. It's not easy, we're always busy but happy! I remembered what we were taught during our last Zone Conference about the Nephites who lived after the manner of happiness. Why were they happy? Because... (See 2 Nephi 5)

 
10 And we did observe to keep the judgments, and the astatutes,and the commandments of the Lord in all things, according to theblaw of Moses.

 15 And I did teach my people to abuild buildings, and to bwork inall cmanner of wood, and of diron, and of copper, and of ebrass, andof steel, and of fgold, and of silver, and of precious ores, which werein great abundance.
 
17 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did cause my people to beaindustrious, and to blabor with their chands.
Thus, they were happy because they were obedient to God and they were industrious. They did all that they can and gave their very best. And that's exactly what we've been trying to do. Sister Balubal and I are applying these things and we are excited to implement new strategies and plans in finding! We do feel that we are like brand new missionaries exploding!
Sister Marjorie got baptized! When we first found her and brought her to church, she said that she just wants to attend church but that doesn't mean that she wants to be baptized. And for a few months, we know that the Spirit touched her heart. When she was about to share her testimony, she was so nervous at first like.. "I'm so speechless... I don't know what to say" but later on when she conquered her fear, she bore a really sweet and powerful testimony of the truthfulness of the Church, of the Restored Gospel, of Joseph Smith and our living prophet today, and of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for her.
Our recent converts are doing amazing as well! I am so happy and grateful for their faith and example which also strengthened me. As I listen to their stories and testimonies and as I've witnessed them grow in the gospel and how they're sharing the gospel to their families (Sister Ruby's daughter was baptized in the Philippines!), I do know for a fact that God's love is manifested through the lives of His children. How beautiful is His gospel!
I loved the General Conference! I know that you do too! I've been uplifted and edified. I prayerfully wrote down my questions during personal study as I prepared myself for conference and it's amazing how all my questions have been answered. Heavenly Father is really mindful of us and He knows our needs. He speaks to us through His chosen servants. I know that God continues to speak and I love the reality of divine revelation. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is really true and it unequivocally affirms the divinity of the Jesus Christ that He lives.

Everyday, Sister Balubal and I share our love about missionary work! It's really not all about baptisms. The most important thing here is we do our best to be converted each day as we strive to be more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Thank you so much for everything. I love you all.
PS I'll be back with photos next week! We're going out this afternoon for some exciting adventure with some of the members! :)

Until we meet again,
Sister Posadas

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento