Linggo, Setyembre 21, 2014

Is the Testimony of Jesus Christ burning in your bosom?

Ang Aking Minamahal na Pamilya,

Kamusta kayong lahat? I was so stoked for this week because what I had in mind was.. all-mission meeting, give a training, and temple day! But, President Hawks surprised me with a news last Saturday that I'll be moving to Macau. My bags are all packed and I sure did acquire a lot of stuff in more than nine months in Hong Kong haha anyway, I'm both nervous and excited to be back in my land of inheritance in the mission field! I had a little bit of separation anxiety as I said goodbye to the branches I served. I will surely miss them but I know that I'll be seeing them back after two months! That's going to be so quick! I'm going to miss the International Zone too. We just had a powerful zone training last Friday and I admire how our sister training leaders are so Christlike. We were excited with our new goals and actions of doing something everyday that scares you (which helped me to become bolder and fearless in talking with everyone and finding the elect), exploring by the Spirit (that's how we were able to check out new finding places and new ways- it's fun!), and teach like the Master, Jesus Christ. It's here in my mission that I've learned more about Him and had this huge desire to follow Him. 

Earlier, we had an all-mission meeting (it was on short notice), Elder Rasband and the entire Asia Area Presidency and their wives, were present in the meeting! There were actually five from the Seventy! Isn't that something historical? I was not sure if I could say an opening prayer with their presence and the huge crowd but I'm grateful that the Spirit guided me with a beautiful prayer. It was such a wonderful opportunity to receive instruction and be edified by the Lord's chosen servants. 

I'm so grateful for President Hawks and his wife! They're the best! I am marked by them for the rest of my life. They've made a great influence in my life. They're exemplary in being exactly obedient, quick to observe, good listeners, and of Christlike love, and a whole lot more. 

I've learned so much and the single most important thing that I am learning here in the mission is to be a disciple of Jesus Christ- to think, feel, and act as He does. I am His greatest convert. Before my mission, I went to the Temple to learn about the law of consecration and here I am, consecrating my all to Him. I am serving here because I love my Savior. I testify that Heavenly Father hears and answers all our prayers and He will give what you asks of Him if it isn't contrary to His will. I know that is true because it happened a lot of timesin my life. 

So here's the question Elder Rasband threw out on us.. 
Is the testimony of Jesus Christ burning in your bosom? 
Is it still burning in your bosom just like when you were a young missionary?
It's something that we can all ponder.

Know that I always love you!!! I pray and hope that you will all have a fantastic week! May you continue to perfectly seek for God's guidance everyday. 


Until we meet again,
Sister Posadas


Fun Facts:
1. In my 23 years of existence, I just learned last week how to pronounce the word auxiliary right (from a native american speaker). I'm done with my language pass-offs! Yay! I'm grateful for Elder Woodburn who helped me  with my English.
2. Are you excited for General Conference? I am! For the first time, speakers from the Seventy will speak in their native language so we're going to have English subtitles! Elder Wong, from the Asia Area Presidency, is going to be the first speaker in the Saturday session. He's very fluent in English though. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento