Linggo, Disyembre 7, 2014

He is the Gift

Sa Aking Minamahal na Pamilya,

How are you? December is here! I love it! Winter is now my favorite time of the year haha and I love the Christmas music and decorations everywhere. I'm really thankful for all of you and how you've helped me a lot especially to my wonderful parents and siblings. There's just too much love that it aches! Oh, how I love you all.

There have been really trying times here in the mission and sometimes it can really be sad and heart breaking when some of the people that we've taught didn't fully grasp a deep understanding of their baptismal covenant with their Heavenly Father. We've been working with retention of recent converts and reactivation of less-actives together with the members and the leaders. My companions are doing our best, we've been working hard and we haven't seen much success lately but I found comfort every time I study my scriptures and receive impressions from the Spirit. May we learn to glory in tribulations even if it's hard and impossible, it's a time to stretch our faith even more. God loves us that He chastens us and tries our patience and faith. I am also learning to submit cheerfully to His will. I am grateful knowing that God has given us a a gift and that is the Gift of Christ. 
(Here's a secret: my companions think I'm happy and positive all the time but hey, my heart is breaking too! I am weak but with His strength, I can do all things.) 

My dear family, may we always remember the reason why we celebrate this season. May we always remember our Savior Jesus Christ and what He has done for us. He is God's most beautiful gift to us. :)


“Christmas is a time of reflection on what we can become because of God’s sacred gift. As we discover the gift, we learn of the immeasurable love of God and our absolute need for a Savior. As we embrace the gift, we strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ, and desire to become more like Him. As we share the gift, we follow in the Master’s footsteps, who invited all to hear His message”
 (Elder Russell M. Nelson, December 2014 Ensign).




PS
Photos during Thanksgiving in International Zone. Taylor Swift is in our zone! Haha. I'd love to start the Thanksgiving tradition when I get home. It's wonderful. :)

Until we meet again,


Sister Posadas

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento