Linggo, Marso 29, 2015

Carry On

Dearest Family,

I used to be too excited to read emails on P-day but now I'm hoping that you wouldn't say something so nice that would give me a weird feeling like, "I'm so excited to see you a month from now! Countdown starts!". It's not that I don't want to see you, I really do and I even want to hug you BUT it just feels weird. Haha. Well, thank you for the funny and inspiring emails today, mom and dad! I already got the super late package probably two weeks ago and we're now enjoying all the goodies in our apartment. I also appreciate the letters from the YSA's. You're all too loving, thank you!

I've been getting a lot of feedback from RM's and how hard life after mission is and I guess that's a fact that I should also face soon and if life's harder out there, I am definitely working even harder right now. I've never been so hungry in my entire mission that's why I enjoy cooking food for my companion and eating with her. Tigilan yang wedding dress issue na ipagkakasya. Haha. And can someone explain to me why Filipino meals are so tedious to prepare? 

This week, Sister Valenzuela and I are striving to develop that desire to constantly follow the prophetic counsel, "The Elder M. Russell Ballard Plan" and be exactly obedient in all things. I'm helping her understand why mission rules are just very strict here like we're not allowed to listen to EFY music anymore, elders and sisters aren't allowed to spend P-day together, etc. I do not know everything but one thing's for sure, just be obedient. It's the first law in heaven. We can't get pass law number 2, 3, 4, and so forth if we don't get the first one! We're very anxious in waking up each morning and out of our beds at 7 AM and get our hearts pumping at 100bpm during exercise and prepare for the rest of the day. I love Elder Jeffrey R. Holland counsel that those hours in the morning are very crucial, it will not only affect the rest of the day but it has an eternal effect. We also have a companion goal to not argue with the Lord and it's been amazing because we couldn't fight those feelings but we are taught to be more humble each day and to submit to His will. I sometimes feel hesitant and awkward in approaching some people and Elder Ballard reminded us to be more bold and fearless (because we are being too shy here) and the only thing to overcome those seemingly insurmountable hurdles is to JUST DO IT! I'm grateful that my companion is there to support and remind me and she takes the initiative in talking to more people especially to men! She's so hard working and she's doing awesome. She's also very soft spoken and sweet. (Ilongga gid) Being able to maintain a level of desire and attitude of hard work requires a lot of effort and faith and it's something that we're constantly working on. I'm learning a lot from our companionship and is constantly striving to develop those Christlike attributes and teach like the Master Teacher. This week as we really did our best to be a straight arrow with our schedule, miracles were very immediate with two pullbacks in a day and two baptismal dates! It's incredibly awesome. I know that the Lord is more anxious to help us and we allow Him too.

I pray that you are doing your best to stay obedient to the Lord, reading your scriptures and saying your prayers daily and also serving those who are around your sphere of influence. If not, will you repent tonight and seek to follow what God wants to have you done? I promise you that you will have . As my ministerial certificate states, everyone should heed to my message. :) It's truly rewarding and a blessing to represent Jesus Christ and have the power to make and feel others good because of our Heavenly Father and Savior's love for all of us. I know that the gospel is true! I know that The Church of Jesus Christ is the only true and living church here on earth. To my nonmember family and friends, I love you. Are you interested to learn more about our religion?
I know that God really blesses the families of His faithful missionaries! I know that our leaders are called of God and I'm grateful to be able to work and serve with them and receive instruction directly from God! Isn't there so much love and happiness in the world? I hope and pray that you would be able to feel that peace and hope that comes from our Savior despite the disturbing and competing voices from the world. All is well in Zion.
Our zone goal right now is, "Wars come and go but My soldiers stay ETERNAL." This mission is my war right now and we are doing our best to have those things we've learned in our mission to make a permanent change on us that will bless us for the rest of our lives. Carry on!
I love you all. Have a great week!
PS
-I'm supposed to send photos but I brought the wrong memory card. Oops! I'll think about sending it next week or probably you can wait a month from now to see it. 
-Meet the Mormons is a wonderful movie!!
Love,
Sister Posadas

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento